How to Use the Single Jump Rope
- Adjust the rope so it’s the right length for you if needed. Standing with both your feet on top of the rope right in the middle, pull the rope up to your armpits. That’s the correct length for your height so tie new knots if you need to.
- Now that your Jump Rope is the perfect length for you, stand holding one end in your right hand and one end in your left hand, with the rope behind you.
- Swing the rope over your head. As it passes in front of you, jump over it and keep swinging!
- Once you’ve got the hang of the basics, you can start learning fun tricks like the crossover or the double hop. Check the links below for great instructional videos plus some pretty amazing tricks!
Important Safety Information
- For kids 6 years of age and older.
- Just Jump It Jump Ropes are designed for jump roping only. Do not use them to tie up things, people or pets.
- The Jump Rope (single and double) should only be used in an open area such as a garage, a back yard or a field.
- Proper footwear is essential when jumping rope to prevent injury. Wear closed toed shoes that have shock absorbing qualities. Running shoes or shoes designed for sports where you jump like basketball, work great.
Care and Storage of your Jump Rope
- When you’re finished with your Jump Rope, just coil it up and put it away in a dry place.
- To wash it, you can put it in a bucket of warm soapy water and swish it around. Scrub lightly with a scrubby sponge or brush to remove tough stains, or simply throw it in the washing machine inside a mesh washing bag.