How to Use a Double Dutch Jump Rope
- Double Jump Ropes are an amazing way to get a whole crowd of people involved, playing and having fun together. The 16-foot rope is designed to be long enough so that two or more people can jump at once, which doubles the fun. The possibilities for tricks are endless and can involve more than one Jump Rope, multiple people and all kinds of amazing acrobatics. We’ll give you the basics, and what you do from there is up to you!
- You need at least three people to use the Double Jump Rope, two people to swing it and one person to jump.
- Have the two people swinging the rope stand far enough apart so that when they swing the rope, it grazes the ground at the bottom of the swing.
- Swing the rope at an even speed.
- The person or people who are going to jump in stand on the side and watch the rope…timing is key on this one. Just after the rope passes over the ground and heads up to the top of the swing, the jumpers run in and stand in the middle, jumping over the rope as comes back to the ground.
- When you’re finished jumping, you just exit the same way, and someone else can jump in and take your place!
Important Safety Information
- For kids 6 years of age and older.
- Just Jump It Jump Ropes are designed for jump roping only. Do not use them to tie up things, people or pets.
- The Jump Rope (single and double) should only be used in an open area such as a garage, a back yard or a field.
- Proper footwear is essential when jumping rope to prevent injury. Wear closed toed shoes that have shock absorbing qualities. Running shoes or shoes designed for sports where you jump like basketball, work great.
Care and Storage of your Jump Rope
- When you’re finished with your Jump Rope, just coil it up and put it away in a dry place.
- To wash it, you can put it in a bucket of warm soapy water and swish it around. Scrub lightly with a scrubby sponge or brush to remove tough stains, or simply throw it in the washing machine inside a mesh washing bag.